The Little Owl, just 22 cm in length, is in acute danger of extinction. Its main habitats are gardens, small orchards or meadows containing white willows. Depending on the season, it lives mainly on Insects such as Crickets, as well as Woodlice and Mice. It frequently fails to colonise an area because of the lack of suitable nesting sites. Help is now at hand with the SCHWEGLER Little Owl Boxes of which there are four different types. Ornithologists recommend always hanging a minimum of three boxes immediately adjacent to one another since the Birds will use one or more to store food and young Birds will use them as shelter. Such measures will considerably improve the survival prospects for this species.
Little Owl Box No. 22
with predator protection by aromatic repellent
This model has five special features:
- Quadrant shape for enlarged floor space
- The design of the two sides of the roof provides an air gap running along the entire ridge which is very important for providing ventilation.
- One side of the roof can be removed to provide easy access for inspection and cleaning.
- A telescopic, galvanized steel rod is ideal for level mounting on trees which, because of their size or lack of horizontal branches (e.g., a pear tree), would normally be unsuitable for Little Owl Boxes.
- Martens are repelled by aromatic repellent.
Little Owl tube for installation on trees without any suitable horizontal branches (three-point mounting).Supplied with clamping band and Aluminium Nails for fixing and telescopic rod.
Recommended bedding: Rough sawdust or wood shavings and a mixture of sand and sawdust are ideal as bedding.
Siting & positioning: On almost all kinds of trees except cherry, because the cherry harvest coincides with the time when the young are still at the nest site. The access for the birds should always face the trunk.
Cleaning and inspection: The box has a large flap for inspection and cleaning purposes.
External shape: triangular.
Dimensions: W 28 x H 23 x L 93 cm.
External shape: quadrant shape (r ≈ 16 cm).
Entrance hole: ∅ 64 mm.
Weight: approx. 9 kg.
Bestellnummer: 00 243/3
Diesen Artikel im Shop aufrufen